Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Carvalho completes transfer from Chelsea to Real

Ricardo Carvalho has been paraded as Real Madrid's new signing after passing a medical with the Spanish club on Thursday afternoon.
Ricardo Carvalho's Portugal were knocked out by Spain
GettyImages
Ricardo Carvalho's Portugal were knocked out by Spain at the World Cup
Chelsea accepted a reported bid of €8 million for the defender and Carvalho has once again linked up with former Chelsea and Porto manager Jose Mourinho.
Carvalho has signed a two-year deal with Real and hopes to continue his impressive track record of success with Mourinho.
"The speed of the game is different here to England, where the game is quicker,'' Carvalho said in his first press conference. "I think it was harder for me to adapt to English football than it will for me to adapt to the Spanish game because it is so similar to the Portuguese league.
"I have spoken with Mourinho about my role as a senior player here on the pitch. A lot of important players have left this year. I want to help Madrid win as much as I can.''

No comments:

Post a Comment